We all wear masks in some shape or form, it’s only when someone drops their mask that we truly see them for who they are.
During my life I have personally worn many masks and projected various personas at different times. Some for quite a while and others in or under particular situations.
Continue reading “Behind the mask”
Sometimes it really hard to look upon the bright side of life. It can seem like the universe is conspiring against you when you’re in that deep dark personal purgatory of self analysis.
In these darkest of moments it is all too easy to just give up and let an overwhelming wave of self pity wash over you and then drown in its wake.
Continue reading “The bright side”
No matter how good you or your partners think you are at being open and polyamorus there is bound to be a time that you feel jealous.
The key with jealousy is not avoiding or denying it, but dealing with it when it arrives. Don’t ignore it, don’t shut it away in the back of your mind, it will grow.
Talking about jealousy is extremely important because it matters. It will affect everyone in the relationships.
Continue reading “Jealousy – Face the facts”
The first date is where things begin and its generally always a good idea to try and get things off to a good start.
A few basic things to remember
- Keep yourself busy before the date to help eliminate nerves
- Always choose a public or familiar place to meet where you’ll feel comfortable and secure
- Tell at least one firend who and where your meeting, also when you expect to be back
- Try and get to know the person before you met, this will help keep the conversation flowing
- Dress to impress but don’t go over the top
- Arrive on time, no one likes being made to wait
- Enjoy the date and try to have fun
- Try to asking questions about values and feelings rather than just facts
- Take the time to listen, you may learn more by simply relaxing and listening to your date
- End the date is important too, If you’d like a second date tell them! If your not sure something like “It’s been lovely meeting you, I really enjoyed it.” leave the door open.
However, things can sometimes go very wrong and here are a few potential red flag statements to look out for 😉
Continue reading “Things you don’t want to hear during a first date”
I read the following article a while back and filed it under things to share in the future.
It paints an extremely accurate portrait I imagine, of the emotional rollercoaster which often occurs during a separation or divorce.
Continue reading “In the throes of divorce…a rant”