I have completed the first few months of my new contract and it’s been very different from pretty much anything else I’ve done in the last 20 years.
I’m back in a business suit for the first time in over ten years, which has been a bit of a shock to the system along with really early starts.
Continue reading “Breaking the ice”
Trying to achieve and maintain balance within my life has always been a bit of a struggle. A concise decision to accept and full embrace my polyamorus nature has perhaps in many ways helped me appreciate and fully comprehend this most critical struggle.
Continue reading “Balancing Act”
I’ve noticed a bit of a disturbing trend and shift in people calling themselves polyamorous, when what they really mean is polysexual.
I’ve also noticed that in several articles that I’ve read recently that there is a playing down or complete removal of the love component from the writers views about polyamory.
So I’m really beginning to wonder what’s actually happening out there, in the ever expanding landscape of ethical non-monogamy and relationship anarchy; Is love now officially a dirty word?
Continue reading “From Poly with Love?”
In Europe and America there’s a growing feeling of hysteria.
Conditioned to respond to all the threats
In the rhetorical speeches of the Soviets.
MIster Krushchev said, “We will bury you.”
I don’t subscribe to this point of view.
It’d be such an ignorant thing to do
If the Russians love their children too.
How can I save my little boy from Oppenheimer’s deadly toy?
There is no monopoly on common sense
On either side of the political fence.
We share the same biology, regardless of ideology.
Believe me when I say to you,
I hope the Russians love their children too
I was driving into work yesterday morning and i noticed a bumper stick on the car in front as a we queued for the next roundabout.
I made a note to share it before the end of the week.
“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass…It’s about learning to dance in the rain.”
Sometime we all need to learn a new dance style to progress with our lives.
One of the most critical parts of polyamory is being completely open, honest and truthful about sexual history and activity. A polycule is only as stong as the weakest link, it just takes one person doing something irresponsible to bring the whole world crashing down.
Continue reading “The Danger Of Using STI Risk To Control Others”
Sometimes it really hard to look upon the bright side of life. It can seem like the universe is conspiring against you when you’re in that deep dark personal purgatory of self analysis.
In these darkest of moments it is all too easy to just give up and let an overwhelming wave of self pity wash over you and then drown in its wake.
Continue reading “The bright side”
The first date is where things begin and its generally always a good idea to try and get things off to a good start.
A few basic things to remember
- Keep yourself busy before the date to help eliminate nerves
- Always choose a public or familiar place to meet where you’ll feel comfortable and secure
- Tell at least one firend who and where your meeting, also when you expect to be back
- Try and get to know the person before you met, this will help keep the conversation flowing
- Dress to impress but don’t go over the top
- Arrive on time, no one likes being made to wait
- Enjoy the date and try to have fun
- Try to asking questions about values and feelings rather than just facts
- Take the time to listen, you may learn more by simply relaxing and listening to your date
- End the date is important too, If you’d like a second date tell them! If your not sure something like “It’s been lovely meeting you, I really enjoyed it.” leave the door open.
However, things can sometimes go very wrong and here are a few potential red flag statements to look out for 😉
Continue reading “Things you don’t want to hear during a first date”