I’ve tried to list a few of the most commonly held myths about infidelity and cheating.
The list is by no means complete and open to expansion, but I think it generally covers the majority of misconceptions I’ve seen and encountered.
I may well expand on these in the future if I have time.
- Once an affair is out in the open, a couple can never be happy again
- Its never about sex; it’s about other relationship issues
- You can’t call it cheating if sex wasn’t involved
- Affairs are all sbout sexual attraction
- Affairs happen because of problems in the relationship
- Once a cheater, always a cheater
- After an affair, kiss your relationship goodbye
- Affairs happen with people much younger or more attractive
- Affairs happen because guys are on the prowl
Feel free to discuss and comment if you like.